Education is an important part of our mission. We work with many partners and through many mediums to share the rich history of our county and raise awareness of our local landmarks.
- Site Orientation
- Avenue of Invasion: Following the Path of the 1862 Maryland Campaign in Jefferson County
- A Contested County: A Travel Guide of the 1864 Shenandoah Campaign in Jefferson County
- John Brown’s Trail: Following the Path of the Infamous Raid on Harpers Ferry
- The Shepherdstown Cement Mill
- The Battle of Shepherdstown and the End of Lee’s Maryland Campaign
- The Jefferson County Courthouse
- Craft fairs and living history demonstrations at Peter Burr Farm with Reliving History, Inc.
- Workshops (historic rehabilitation tax credits, preservation easements, historic real estate training)
- The Jefferson County Historic Landmarks Commission’s archives are housed at Shepherd University’s Scarborough Library: Archives & Special Collections
- Site Tours, Curricula
Other local resources:
Are you interested in more information? Contact us at HLCinfo@jeffersoncountywv.org for assistance!